Monday, September 8, 2008

We're all nuts over shea!

Olamina is the amazing woman behind Ah Shayh All Natural Skin and Hair Care Products. She donates 20% of the proceeds from shea butter sales to the Dagomba Women's Collective and their children. The collective, located in Ghana, helps women become self sufficient by encouraging them to return to school and engage in life enriching programs.

Products that I love:

Unrefined Shea Nut Butter ($14.99): Shea nut butter is on of Africa's most sustainable natural resources. It has amazing moisturizing and healing properties. It's rich in Vitamins A, B, E and F. It helps fight wrinkles and dry skin. It is also known to treat eczema, dermatitis, insect bites, sunburns and the list goes on and on. Ah Shayh Shea Nut Butter is as pure is it gets. I love to use this on my cuticles while I'm giving myself a home-style manicure.

Spreadable Unrefined Shea Nut Butter with Jojoba ($12.99): Shea Nut Butter and Jojoba... it doesn't get any better than that. Seriously, if you suffer from dry skin or dry scalp, you need to rock the shea nut butter. It's vegan, it's straight from the earth, it's cruelty free and these products are harvested and processed by the Dagomba Women, who pride themselves in using only the highest quality shea nuts and processing standards.

Unrefined Organic Coconut Oil ($17.95): I am one of the biggest fans of coconuts. Seriously, ask anyone I know. I'm pretty much obsessed. I love eating, drinking and wearing anything coconut. So naturally I love this unrefined virgin coconut oil. I like to use this oil after a nice relaxing bath or during a photoshoot at the beach. It's soothing and nourishing and I can't stress enough how pure and natural these ingredients are.

Ah Shayh also makes Shea Nut Mango Foot Cream, Shea Coconut Hand Cream, Body Scrub, African Black Soap and Organic Golden Jojoba.

I highly encourage you all to try everything and in doing so know that you are helping support a community of beautiful, hardworking women.

For more info: Ah Shayh