Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Science + Nature = MD Skincare

MD Skincare, formulated by Dr. Dennis Gross, has a line of skincare that is not necessarily marketed as being vegan but it totally is. Many of these products have been featured in magazines like O, Harper's Bazaar, Elle and a slew of other magazines, so I thought I'd give them a whirl. I liked everything I tried but these were my favorites:

4-In-1 Facial Treatment Normal/Oily ($35 for a box of 30 applications): This is a quick fix to freshen the face and absolutely no water is needed. These pocket sized packets cleanse, balance, treat and moisturize skin in one simple step. If you ever need to cleanse your face on the go, this product is ideal. Keep some of these packets in your purse or in your car. They are great for sleepovers, camping trips, road trips, you get the picture. Where else are you going to find a cleanser, toner, wrinkle fighter and moisturizer all one little towelette?

Correct & Perfect Spot Treatment ($28): Whether you have oily, blemish-prone skin or you occasionally get pimples from time to time, you're gonna love this stuff. Unlike conventional, chemical-laden spot treatments, this one won't over-dry your skin but it will make those nasty blemishes go bye-bye. This formula is enriched with botanicals to help to sooth your skin while it's healing. For me personally, this beats using straight up tea tree oil or which hazel, which only sometimes works.


Hydra-Pure Vitamin C Serum ($95): I know this is dorky of me to say but but Vitamin C is my favorite vitamin. I use it in some shape or form on my skin daily. It's super duper packed with antioxidants and it works wonders as far as anti-aging goes. This serum contains three forms of Vitamin C to provide maximum potency. I recommend you use this serum on your face after washing and toning before bedtime. It's important to use products like this to repair damage from aging, sun, stress and poor diet. By the way, following a vegan diet will inevitably help you have radiant, glowing, healthy, beautiful skin. :)

MD Skincare's products are awesome, effective and vegan. My only wish is that they'd rock the leaping bunny logo and flaunt the fact that they are animal free.

For more info: MD Skincare