Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Soy candles are the eco way to go

I was introduced to this week's VBR feature via Twitter (gotta love Twitter, folks!). So Lorain and I were following each other on Twitter and then one day she sent me a message telling me she made soy candles. I love, Love, LOVE soy candles. I have a mini collection of scented soy candles that I whip out for special occasions. Lorain's Touch, which is based out of Huntington Beach CA, makes environmentally friendly, 100% soy wax candles that are made with essential oils. Lorain of Lorain's Touch is a spiritual woman who likes to infuse her candles with positive energy. How does she do this? All of her candles are made during the full moon and are made with specific, positive intentions... definitely not your avergae soy candle.

In case you were wondering what all the hoopla surrounding soy candles is about, it's important to note that soy candles are eco-friendly and better for the air. You should really try to avoid paraffin candles - paraffin is a petroleum product. When you light a paraffin candle, black soot is let off during the burning process which is carcinogenic. Soy candles are clean burning candles. Soy candles also burn longer so you get more for your money. We like that!

Lorain's vegan scented candles and their intentions
(available in 2oz - $3.25, 4oz - $7.75 and 8oz - $15.75 tins):

Happy - Vermont Maple Sugar
Cheerful - Bergamont & Coriander
Creativity - Blackberry Sage
Harmony - Green Tea
Compassion - Gardenia Blossoms
Strength - Lemongrass
Enlightenment - Water Blossom & Ivy
Abundance - Amber

You can e-mail Lorain via her website for a complete list of scented soy candles.

I recently used a Berry scented Lorain's Touch candle in my house and it smelled soooooooo good. It smelled like candy! It was burning for an hour and my candle still looks full. This candle seemed to scent up the room more effectively than traditional candles. I loved it! I can't wait to try her other scents out!

These candles make great gifts! Mother's Day is just around the corner. :)

For more info: Lorains's Touch