Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Throw your hands in the Ayurveda!

Better Botanicals has a line of cruelty-free, herbal beauty products that are based on Ayurveda which is the world's oldest practiced school of medicine, originating in India 5000 years ago. Their products are broken down for people with different skin types which is a convenient way to find all the products that are going to work best for you. Better Botanicals only use natural preservatives and boast a 24 month shelf life. That's pretty cool. I've had some vegan beauty products go funky on me which really bummed me out. Note to vegan beauty product manufacturers: If your product has a fairly limited shelf life (which is okay), please use an expiration date. Muchos gracias.

Beauty essentials I'm currently digging:

Rose Tulsi Toning Mist ($15.99): This alcohol-free toning mist is for normal to dry skin and contains rosewater, aloe and vetiver which sooth and cool the skin and tulsi which gently detoxifies and fortifies the skin. It really smells like roses. I'm usaully tempted to spray it all over my body (which I'm sure would be fine but I don't want to waste it). Just FYI, in case you weren't aware, you should always tone your skin after washing it. Wash, tone, moisturize. Viola! You're gorgeous!

Apricot Eye Care (on sale for $15.29): This vitamin A, C & B rich under-eye formula is packed with antioxidant power. If you ever stress about having dark circles or wrinkles, you need to incorporate an organic, natural under-eye cream that will help tighten and brighten your eyes so that you'll always look fresh and lively. It doesn't hurt to drink plenty of fluids and get lots of sleep, too! This Apricot Eye Cream has a really pleasant scent and I love that it's kind of thick. I really have a problem with watery and runny under-eye cream formulas. In general, I don't like watery creams and lotions, especially when I'm trying to fight wrinkles. I want them to be emollient and rich. This one does the trick and it works on all skin types.

<--- I found this awesome coupon online. You're welcome. :-) Also, Amazon.com carries Better Botanicals and their prices tend to be a little cheaper than buying direct.

For more info: Better Botanicals