Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Eden Organix presents Stript: It's about what you're not wearing.

I recently came across a brand new line of mineral makeup by way of Eden Organix, a convenient one stop online shop for all of your organic, natural beauty essentials. They carry all of the brands we know and love like Juice Beauty, Jane Iredale, 100% Pure, you name it. So, I want to introduce you all to Stript Mineral Makeup. They have a line of cosmetics that are "stripped" of parabens, artificial oils, dyes and fragrances that are paraben-free as well as cruelty-free. If you're unfamiliar with the term paraben, I urge you to go to the Cosmetic Safety Database website and read up on its toxic, carcinogenic properties. It will truly make you appreciate companies like Stript that produce paraben-free cosmetics and skincare. Stript's line of cosmetics includes foundations, eyeshadows, blushes, eyeliners, lip pencils, concealers and applicators.

Makeup I've tried:

Natural Crushed Mineral Blush ($20): I really like the Lolita shade because it's a pretty rosy red and I love the name. All the shades they have (Divine, Lolita, Sugar & Bella) are all so neutral and natural looking that they probably work nicely for all skin tones. It's important to buy mineral makeup that is talc-free. Talcum dries out your skin and can clog pores. All of Stript's products are talc-free. Ingredients: Corn starch, bismuth, oxychloride, honeysuckle flower extract and laminaria digitata. Stript Mineral Makeup is proud to be a vegan company, so I was surprised to see "may contain titanium dioxide, iron oxides, carmine." Carmine is a colorant derived from insects. My fingers are crossed that this is some sort of cosmetic formality. I will look into this an update my post.

Mineral Eye Shadow ($18): Again, there are many natural looking shades to choose from. They are all high-intensity eyeshadows that can be applied both wet and dry. I tried the shade "Eve" which is a pretty, shimmery white eyeshadow. It perfectly highlights my eyes when I use it in the corners and outer sections of my eyelids. If you want to turn your daytime makeup into nighttime glam, add a lil' "Eve" highlights and rock some black eyeliner and mascara and you're gonna be one hot mama! My favorite thing about mineral eyeshadow is that is always stays put. Conventional eyeshadows have so many filler ingredients that they wind up fading, creasing and eventually disappearing. What a waste of money... not to mention conventional makeup is full of toxic ingredients that would make you cringe if you knew where they came from and their side effects.

Although I've only tried their blush and eyeshadow, I'm very curious about Stript's vegan makeup application brushes. They are made from vegan taklon and look fabulous. Amazing, vegan application brushes are hard to find. Actually, vegan brushes of any kind are pretty hard to come by. I give them kudos for offering us vegan ladies better alternatives.

You can purchase Stript Mineral Makeup via Eden Organix (they donate 10% of their profits to organizations that help women, kids and the environment)

Also, for more info: Stript Mineral Makup