Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Top 10 Fabulous Finds of 2008

It's that time of year to look back on all the amazing vegan beauty products I've discovered in 2008 and pick out a few of my favorites. It was really hard because I'm a fan of almost everything. (drum roll, booty shake, shazaaaam!) These products are listed in no particular order:

A Little S&M Lip Balm by My Lip Stuff ($3): The S stands for sorbet and the M for mandarin orange. (I know what your naughty mind was thinking!) Simply put it smells like cake. A sorbet-y mandarine orangey cake. It's divine and it's cheap. It smells scrumptious and it truly is my favorite lip balm to date. It's not sticky, goopy, too dry or obnoxious smelling or tasting. It's perfect. When my lips are craving moisture, I won't settle for anything else. I'll literally tear up the house looking for this particular lip balm.

Ultimate Perfection Evening Primrose Eye Beauty Cream by Exuberance ($60): I've gone through more eye creams this year than I can count. Eye creams are probably my favorite beauty product ever! I'm just as paranoid about getting wrinkles and age lines as the next gal so I worship this product. Exuberance's eye cream is thick and that's what this beauty diva likes. Sure, it's a lil' pricey but I guarantee it is worth every penny. I don't want to sound like a hokey infomercial but you can feel this cream work it's magic.

Pumpkin Spice Polish by Lamas Beauty ($24): It's a truly delectable experience. I rock this face scrub at least once a week and every time I do, I obsessively sniff this yummy concoction for a good 5-10 mins. before getting down to business. It smells like gingerbread cookies and pumpkin pie! I also like that it's a creamier scrub and less on the abrasive side. I can't imaging anyone not falling in love with this yummy scrub. Love it!

Fresh Mint Toothpaste by Auromere ($5.69): This is a delightfully pleasant tasting toothpaste sans the nasty ingredients conventional toothpastes have like fluoride, artificial sweeteners, dyes, preservatives, etc. It's Ayurvedic formula contains neem, 22 other barks and roots, plants and flowers that have cleansing and refreshing properties. I only use natural toothpastes, and this one has always been my favorite.

Geranium Lime Pit Putty by Bubble & Bee Organic Bath and Body ($8.95): This unusually malleable deodorant is made by a quirky, cute vegan company who sought to make a vegan anti-stank stick that actually works. It's made of organic arrowroot powder, organic coconut oil, organic lime essential oil, organic geranium oil and that's it! It smells awesome and again, it works, People! I'm a girly girl but I get stinky fast (when I'm workin' out, cleaning the house, etc.) so having awesome vegan deodorant in my life is definitely a priority of mine.

Candy Wrapper Purses by Save the World Designs (~$50): I love candy and I love purses so a merging of the two is pure genius! It's also the green thing to do. These candy wrapper purses are definitely conversation starters. They are trendy, cute & colorful. There's no way you can walk down the street without someone asking you about your fantastic bag. It's a great and simple way to spread the word about being environmentally conscious.

Handmade Soaps by Strawberry Hedgehog ($8): I'm a fan of Tracy Perkins and her crafty skills. She not only make soaps, but she makes beautiful jewelry and is a culinary goddess. I want to stress that her soaps are totally fabu! They are gorgeous to look at and make beautiful gifts. They come in every auromatherapeutic scent imaginable and they work wonders for the skin!

Vegan Kabuki Brush with Bag by Afterglow Mineral Cosmetics ($35): This baby lives in my purse and gets used on a daily basis. It's super duper soft and works perfectly with mineral foundation for flawless application... and it has a bag to boot! I can't tell you how happy I am to have this vegan kabuki brush. It's hard to find vegan application brushes and even harder to find really good ones so enjoy it and spread the word.

Incredible Pumpkin Peel by MyChelle ($26.69): Incredible is an understatement. It tingles so you know it's working. That tingle is induced by all the organic, antioxidant goodness found in pumpkin fruit, wine & enzymes, pineapple, ginger root, sweet orange oil and vanilla. This formula looks and smells like pumpkin puree which I love. It's Mother Nature's healing hand. Who knew such an amazing beauty secret laid within a gord.

Sex Bomb by LUSH Handmade Cosmetics ($5.95): As if the name wasn't enticing enough... It looks like a sexy ball of wonder, too! Next time you're planning a romantic night with your honey (er, agave), boyfriend, husband, boy toy, love slave, etc., make sure to throw one of these in the mix. It'll turn your bath water pink and fill it with rice paper rose petals and arouse your senses with the intoxicating scent of jasmine. Que romantico!

Here's to a beautiful (and vegan) 2009! Much love and lots of hugs! xo