Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Homage to my affinity of mintity

Cactus & Ivy makes natural spa and body products (i.e. lotions, body scrubs, body washes, lip balms, soaps), all created by hand, and they're all 100% cruelty-free and vegan. I love it when companies like Cactus & Ivy rock the leaping bunny logo. It instantly makes me a fan.
I'm sure you all know by now that I'm smitten with all things minty -- I love the smell and tingly sensation. Cactus & Ivy has got the minty thing down.

My minty picks:

Spearcalyptus Body Soap ($5): It's like spearmint and eucalyptus made sweet love and had a baby. This hearty bar of soap will definitely help you wake up in the mornings if you need that lil' extra boost. The spearmint and eucalyptus leaves not only provide a minty, refreshing, energizing aroma, but they also exfoliate while you scrub-a-dub-dub. I love to exfoliate while I'm de-griming. It gives my skin cells a chance to regenerate and leaves my skin feeling super duper soft.

Ingredients: Saponified olive oil, palm oil, coconut oil, jojoba seed oil, kukio seed oil, kaolin, spearmint leaf, eucalyptus leaf, spearmint leaf oil and eucalyptus leaf oil.

Peppermint Tree Food Balm ($12): This is Cactus & Ivy's signature balm and it's no surprise why. This balm is the epitome of mintiness. So basically, you apply this balm liberally to your feet at bedtime and then cover your feet with socks. This helps moisturize your feet while you sleep and I'm assuming it might help with foot odor as well. My research didn't entail any sniff tests in that regard. I will admit, and maybe we can keep this between you and me, that I tried using this as a deodorant under my armpits and I thoroughly enjoyed the tingly, cooling sensation. In fact, I loved it! It's a foot balm though, so don't be silly like me and please use it as it's intended. :)

Ingredients: Sweet almond oil, apricot kernel oil, candelilla wax, carnauba wax, Vitamin E, peppermint oil, tea tree oil and menthol.

...gotta love all of Cactus & Ivy's natural ingredients.

For more info: Cactus & Ivy