Tuesday, June 2, 2009

This post is for the ladies...

I know I often write about what goes on our bodies but it's just as (if not more) important to be just as picky about what goes inside of our bodies -- and I'm not just referring to organic, whole foods and nutrition.
All of you healthy ladies who care about your bodies, listen up!
Did you know that conventionally grown cotton is not only bleached with chlorine but it is also full of pesticides? When possible, you should only buy organic cotton clothes and undergarments - and I'm sure this isn't the first time you're hearing this. Now, I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm going to assume we're all on the same page when I say I don't want pesticides and bleach in my sacred region.

Natracare is a brand of feminine hygiene products that you need to check out. They manufacture organic cotton tampons, wipes, pads, liners, incontinence pads (sexy, no?), maternity products, toiletries and baby wipes.

Go to your local health food market and pick up some of these:

Natracare Organic All Cotton Tampons (~$4): These are very similar to o.b. tampons sans the chemicals and pesticides. Natracare tampons are 100% certified organic cotton, non-chlorine bleached, rayon-free, perfume-free, plastic-free and biodegradable. They come in regular, super and super plus absorbency (no surprise). They are awesome!

For more info: Natracare

On a related note, I wanted to promote Vulva Love Lovely. You can find her on etsy. She has a variety of products (including jewelry, plushies and vegan skin care) that truly celebrate everything female.

On my wish list:
"My Uterus is a Super Hero" plush
($20) - it's made of soft flannel and animal friendly fiberfill. This plush is truly unique and in my humble opinion, genius. Check out the cape!

Tampon Pouch ($16.99) - It's pink and purple and absolutely fabulous (not to mention functional). Again, all materials used for this pouch are 100% vegan (as stated on her etsy page). I would love to sport this baby as a purse. It's 8 1/2"x 7" so you can use it to carry lots of things. But hey, having extra tampons in a cute pouch is pretty perfect.